Monday, May 07, 2007

I like the word amalgamation

Haha...I kind of forgot about those stories and pictures I promised last time. This blog will be an amalgamation of random photos.
A few pictures from Guatemala first...This is Fernando, one of my favorites

Here are some of the kids in the LifeTenderMercies home (They all have HIV)

A girl at VBS

Again, kids at LifeTenderMercies

All of us ladies about to leave for a Guatemalan church service


Me and Mishel

We ate at a really cool Guatemalan restaurant
This is Agua, a huge volcano, and the beautiful city of Antigua

This was one of the most beautiful places I've been

VBS again. This gives you an idea of how many kids there were



This is from the Spring Banquet, which was on May 4

As we waited to be seated we had some fun taking pictures in our pretty dresses

Caroline and Charity

Here are some other good friends of mine: Sarah, Alyssa, and Lea

The tulips on campus--Northwestern is gorgeous in the spring!



These geese live outside our window. They're around all the time!

Oh, spring banquet again...taking pictures in the bathroom...

This is me with my roommate Sarah
Here's most of my hall at an indoor soccer game a while back
Oh, and Aaron Espe, can't forget him. I recruited some new fans from NWC when he played in St. Paul in March.
This is at kids club at Living Hope Ministries. I work there every Wed. night. Next to me is Elizabeth, a co-teacher for the 10-11 year olds, and these are some of our girls, Natasha and Lois
One of them wanted to take a picture of me...
Susie Shellenberger spoke in chapel last week. It was fun to meet her.

Ok, so there are a few somewhat random snippets from my life...Now I must return to my 20-page paper. The semester is almost over! I'm coming home the 15th.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Julia Riber Pitt said...

Guatemala sounds and looks like such an interesting place to visit, albeit the situation there is very bad. It makes me so mad to know that the United States is partially responsible, because in 1954 we sent the CIA to build up a guerilla army to overthrow their democratically-elected president Jacobo Arbenz and replace him with a capitalist-friendly puppet (who was then overthrown and replaced by someone else). That's what lead to their civil war and all that conflict. I'm just glad Americans are starting to realize this and are offering to make it up to the Guatemalan people by helping them. Cheers to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home